Friday, May 25, 2012

Altered Water Can

Good  morning and happy Friday to you! I'm sure many of you are looking forward to the upcoming 3-day weekend which marks the official start of summer! Today we also remember our fallen soldiers who have given their lives for us. Thank you is never enough.

Today's video was a total disaster. I accidentally deleted everything that I wanted while editing. Then 4 videos later, I figured out that I have a software issue. 10 hours later. I'm done with no video. I know my limits and respect them. This week I will figure out what my problem is to get back on track.

I was so torn as to what to make today, so I decided to alter a water can. You can easily pick this up at Michael,s for a few dollars. I used Heidi Swapp products and and had fun creating this. My video was actually 28 minutes long but I edited it down to 15 and you know the rest.

I also promised one of our followers a 6 x 6 paper pad if we went over 100 Followers and we did! Our winner is OLIVIA LARSON! Please contact me at cindy@stopandscrap.com and I will get you all fixed up. Congratulations Olivia! Remember that I only ship to the United States. I think this is something that I'll do every week. For this week's giveaway, how about a 2 packages of Webster's Pages (Game On); one of fabric ribbons and the other of Designer Trim (Game On)? Are you up for that? I'd like to see 150 Followers by this time next week.

Since I don't have a video for you today and really pray I get it fixed for next week, I'm going to describe to you just how easy this was to make and it's cute!

I took the newsprint Heidi Swapp Trimmings (Information) and lightly distressed the edges using Tim Holtz/Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink with a blending tool. I applied a strip of 1/8" Scor-Tape to the top of the 12" length of trim and a 1/4"" Scor-Tape to the back. The front tape is to hold the ribbon in place and the bad is to firmly secure it to the Water Can. I used Scor-Tape  as my adhesive for this entire project. I added some blue buttons from my stash alternating the colors and the sizes. You want the smaller buttons on the ends and the larger buttons working their way toward the center taking care to alternate colors. Be sure to measure 12" around your watering can so that you have the ends almost meeting or meeting, as we have ways to cover that up. Remove the adhesive on the back of the trim and wrap it around the water can. You do have some wiggle room if goes on crooked. You want the edges to meet right above the lower handle of the can. Remove the 1/8" Scor-Tape on the front. Cut a long length of blue ribbon, fold it in half, and start adhering it to the can on the opposite side of the handle. Tie ribbon into a bow in front of the handle and snip a "V" into the ribbon. Two lengths of twine into a bow and adhere to the center of the blue ribbon at an angle so that you can see both ribbons. I then used 3 Prima flowers to decorate around the bow. Previous to that, I sprayed some Studio Calico Mister Huey's glimmer mist onto the flowers and fluffed out the petals. I arranged them on the water can as shown and adhered large faux pearls in the center of each flower.

This project is so easy and fun, and a great way to dress up any type of home decor.

I hope that you like this project and it's so versatile that you can use it on any item in your house!

Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you back next week with another prize winner and video! God bless you and thank you for stopping by. Be sure to visit us daily for the best inspiration out there and I'll start uploading our design team photos to Pinterest and don't YOU forget to upload your projects and creations to our Flickr Gallery. We want to see your work too! I would like to check it out a few times a week and reward you  for the beautiful work that you shared with us, a real standout in the gallery.

Oh, and did you see the new We R Memory Keepers Love to Scrap? Must have and so fun!


Here is my project that I would like to share with you and I hope that you enjoy it!



7 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Pretty!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

So pretty! Love the flower colors with that copper.

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and elegant!

Woodberries said...

beautiful altered project!

Natalie said...

Very pretty, Cindy!!

~ Jo ~ said...

aww Cindy this is very beautiful!


Hugs,
Jo