Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sweet 16 and a Friend

We have 2 designers for you today.

First up is Laurel  with a pretty little package that I think would be perfect for Sweet 16 gift.  I thought that inside could be a gift card with some yummy chocolates, candy or flavored lip gloss (for the 'sweet 16' theme).   Although they are easy and my kids and their friends like getting them, I don't really like giving gift cards.  I much prefer finding the 'perfect' gift.  However, reality is that time does not always allow for shopping for the perfect gift.  This is when I would much prefer to package it up in pretty packaging, so that it does look like some thought went into the gift giving.  Anyhow let's get on with the project shall we.

I decided to use my Sugar Chic papers by Heidi Swapp and put my Cricut to work.  I used my Cricut to cut out the box, tags and roses.  Before assembling the box, I layered on a punched border and pattern paper and did some sewing.  I also used a metal die to cut out the numbers for the tag, I love the look of negative die cuts lately. Finally a couple of stamps, jewels and all tied up with some twine.


I am happy with how this turned out and I do hope the recipient will like it too.  Do you have any ideas what I could put inside with the gift card?


Now for Savannah's cute card.

Today I created a quick friendship card using some of Prima's Doodle Deux {available HERE from StopandScrap} papers. I wanted a simple design because these papers have such beautiful patterns. I fussy cut out four of the speech bubbles and then I stamped the sentiment and birdie. Then I die cut "friend" using my Cricut machine. EASY! LOVE how this turned out! 
 Be sure to check out all the sales and clearance HERE on the StopandScrap website! 

You can also check out and follow StopandScrap HERE:

Newsletter- be sure to sign up for the newsletter for the MOST up-to-date info!!! **There are some amazing deals that are sent out through the newsletter! Don't miss out!!! 
Flickr Gallery- upload your creations here

THANKS for stopping by! Be blessed:}

Supplies: 
Stamps: Paper Smooches
Papers: Prima (StopandScrap)
Die Cutting Machine: Cricut




2 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun projects ladies!

bonnie said...

Fabulous projects! X