Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gifts for the Swimmer



*I only photographed one set, I actually made two.

Today, I have a gift set for a few of the swimmers in my family. My parents' pool was opened up last weekend and the kids are so excited to jump in and get wet. We're hoping to make it there later today to join the cousins for some fun.

I made a couple of cute gift bags using Echo Park's Paradise Beach papers; each gift bag houses a noseplugs/ earplugs set. I decided to dress them up by punching circles in coordinating cardstock and then stamping those cute flip flops from We R Memory Keepers Down the Boardwalk stamps. They just couldn't be cuter. The sun was cut on my Cameo with the backside of the flip flop paper and then a button threaded with twine was added in the center.

Next up is the Zinc Face Cream; I again punched some circles in coordinating cardstock and then added the super cute 3-d bow using more paper from Echo Park's Paradise Beach. I cut this on my Cameo, but they are easy enough to make without a machine and the little touches like this make an inexpensive gift look more special.

Finally, I included a chapstick holder. I adore the pinwheel, it's so adorable and screams summer to me. I added a cute button threaded with some twine for the centers; I made it a little more realistic by adding the lollipop stick.

I hope you've enjoyed my project today. Have a great rest of the week!

Be sure to check out all the sales and clearance items on the StopandScrap website! You can also see what's available for pre-orders while you're there.You can get updates from us on Facebook; so be sure to like our page.


Today's Daily Deal

Make sure you take advantage of today's sale, Up to 66% Off great items from My Mind's Eye, Bella Blvd, Graphic 45 and much more! Valid on 6/6/12 only.



4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great summer set Tina. Love the fun papers. :o)

~ Jo ~ said...

This is so adorable Tina... I sure hope it puts a smile on their face when they get this!

Hugs,
Jo

Natalie said...

Perfect for a summer gift!! What a fun idea, love the papers!!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Great idea!!!