Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oh Me, Oh My!


Tina here! I don't know about you, but I am always on the lookout for cute ideas to package inexpensive items. We go through lots of MiO and I've been looking for a fun way to package it to give as little pick me ups. I'm also going to set these on tables for my son's birthday party in August since we'll be having a pool party.

When I found this super cute pail cutting file in the Silhouette Online Store I thought it'd be the perfect vessel for my idea. I used paper from Echo Park's Sweet Day collection; it is so summery and gorgeous! I grabbed the striped paper to make the pail itself and used the other side for the umbrella. The umbrella was decorated using a sentiment flag.

The handles were added using some small chocolate brads. I just threw in some reusable ice cubes and added the MiO and the umbrella. Looks all beachy and festive!

We drink from mason jars here at my house, so I used a jar cutting file pieced with some more paper from Echo Park's Sweet Day collection; I then used vellum as an overlay before tying on the twine.

The sentiment on the circle panel is from Hero Arts/ Studio Calico You Are The Best set and is sort of a play on words for the MiO....I thought it was clever. ;-) The sentiments on the flags are from Verve.

Hope you've enjoyed my project today, thanks for stopping by. And, make sure you check out all the sales and deals StopandScrap is offering. You'll want to look at the clearance section as well; lots of good stuff there at super prices! Finally, there are still some goodies available for Pre-Order that you don't want to miss!

1 comment:

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Oh wow Tina. This rocks and a great project. Love those funky ice cubes too. Great presentation!